Immunis HBV Genotype EIA
Immunis HBV Genotype EIA
There are eight genotypes (genotype A to H) of hepatitis B virus (HBV) which are distinguished by > 8 % difference in the nucleotide sequence of the HBV genome 1, 2). Genotypes A and D are common in Europe and the United States, while genotypes B and C are prevalent in Asia. Genotype F is frequent in Latin America, while genotype E is confined to Central and Western Africa.
Many studies indicate that HBV genotypes influence the severity of chronic hepatitis B and the response to interferon therapy. HBV genotypes have been determined by tedious methods such as direct sequencing, genotype-specific PCR, PCR-RFLP, line-probe assay (LiPA), or PCR-invader assay.
This product is an enzyme immunoassay (EIA) based HBV genotyping kit, designed to determine genotype (A, B, C, or D) by detecting genotype-specific epitopes in PreS2 region 3-5).
- PurposeHepatitis B Virus serological genotyping in human serum (Genotype A, B, C, or D)
- FeaturesThe first diagnostic reagent for determination of HBV genotype launched in the Japanese market Fast and easy detection based on one-step EIA method 98% of samples with HBsAg concentration of >3 IU/mL can be genotyped (unpublished data) Sample volume: 80μL of HBsAg positive serum Stored sample can be used 4 wells/sample Reaction time: 2.5 hours
- Product NameImmunis HBV Genotype EIA
- Product Code / Package1A65 48 test
- JAN Code4987591012062
- Okamoto H, Tsuda F, Sakugawa H, et al:Typing hepatitis B virus by homology in nucleotide sequence:comparison of surface antigen subtypes. J Gen Virol 69:2575-2583, 1988.
- Arauz-Ruiz P, Norder H, Robertson BH, et al:Genotype H:a new Amerindian genotype of hepatitis B virus revealed in Central America. J Gen Virol 83:2059-2073, 2002．
- Orito E, Ichida T, Sakugawa H, et al:Geographic distribution of hepatitis B virus (HBV) genotype in patients with chronic HBV infection in Japan. Hepatology 34:590-594, 2001．
- Usuda S, Okamoto H, et al: Serological detection of hepatitis B virus genotypes by ELISA with monoclonal antibodies to type-specific epitopes in the preS2-region product. J Virol Methods 80：97-112, 1999.
- 田中靖人、菅内文中、松浦健太郎、他: 「イムニス HBV ゲノタイプ EIA」の基礎的・臨床的検討．臨床病理 57: 42-47, 2009.
- Kobayashi M, Suzuki F, Arase Y, et al:Infection with hepatitis B virus genotype A in Tokyo, Japan during 1976 through 2001. J Gastroenterol 39:844-850, 2004．
- Suzuki Y, Kobayashi M, Ikeda K, et al:Persistence of acute infection with hepatitis B virus genotype A and treatment in Japan. J Med Virol 76:33-39, 2005．
- Ozasa A, Tanaka Y, Orito E, et al:Influence of genotypes and precore mutations on Fulminant or Chronic outcome of acute hepatitis B virus infection. Hepatology 44:326-334,2006．
- Kao JH, Wu NH, Chen PJ, et al:Hepatitis B genotypes and the response to interferon therapy. J Hepatol 33:998-1002, 2000．
- Wai CT, Chu CJ, Hussain M, et al:HBV genotype B is associated with better response to interferon therapy in HBeAg(+) chronic hepatitis than genotype C. Hepatology 36：1425-1430, 2002
- McMahon BJ:The influence of hepatitis B virus genotype and subgenotype on the natural history of chronic hepatitis B. Hepatol Int 3:334-342, 2009