MR Urea S
Modified Rapid Urease Test based on Urease Method
Since isolation of helical gram-negative bacillus from gastric mucous membrane biopsy sections and its cultivation by Warren and Marshall in 1983), many reports have been made suggesting its strong association with gastritis and duodenal diseases. Initially, it was called Campylobacter pylori, and since 1989, upon proposal by Goodwin, et al., it has been called Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori).
For determination of infection with H. pylori, there are i) culture method, ii) histological microscopic observation method, iii) urease activity detection method, and iv) antibody detection method.
This product allows determination of H. pylori by urease activity detection method.
- PurposeDetection of H. pylori in gastric or duodenal mucous membrane tissues
- FeaturesUrease activity can be detected at high sensitivity in a short time Simple operation without requiring any special tool, reagent or equipment
- Product NameMR Urea S
- Product Code / Package1HB1 30 test
- JAN Code4987591013021
- Warren JR, Marshall BJ: Unidentified curved bacilli on gastric epithelium in active chronic gastritis. Lancet 321 (8336): 1273-1275, 1983.
- Goodwin CS, et al: Evaluation of cultural techniques for isolating Campylobacter pyloridis from endoscopic biopsies of gastric mucosa. J Clin Pathol 38: 1127-1131, 1985.